☆SHINee is shining☆
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

☆SHINee is shining☆

SHINee Global Fan Club{S.G.F.C-EL SITE}

Home☆ PortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
MOVED TO http://shinee.forumfree.net/ Hope to see you there Very Happy Xios and Katy234~

{TRANS} Cookie News Interview - SHINee, Long and Interesting ~

Go down 
AuthorMessage
xios
Admin
Admin
xios

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-08-24

{TRANS} Cookie News Interview - SHINee, Long and Interesting ~ Empty
PostSubject: {TRANS} Cookie News Interview - SHINee, Long and Interesting ~   {TRANS} Cookie News Interview - SHINee, Long and Interesting ~ EmptyOctober 3rd 2008, 4:43 am

{TRANS} Cookie News Interview - SHINee, Long and Interesting ~ 080916_shy

The noona wave is here. There is new artist SHINee in the center of that wave. They debuted in May with their mini album 'Replay' and created the noona wave. They released their 1st album 'The SHINee World' in August and are gaining popularity with their title song 'Love Like Oxygen.'

The name SHINee was created from the word 'Shine' by adding 2 e's. It means people receiving light. The group consists of leader Onew (18), Jonghyun (18), Minho (16), Key (16) and Taemin (14).

SHINee is from SM Entertainment who produced DBSK, BoA, Super Junior, SNSD, CSJH The Grace etc... It’s only been 3 months since they debuted and they are already considered a popular idol group. But they haven't experienced their popularity yet.

"We don't have the time to go on the internet so we don't know how the fans react. The staff members do tell us things but other than that we have no way of knowing. So we never thought we are popular. When we perform or see the rankings on music shows we think 'there are people who recognize us'."

"We were surprised to see fans in the thirties & forties."

If their mini album was the chance to get their name known, we are able to feel SHINee's growth in their 1st album. It has 12 songs with different genres such as R&B, Urban, Pop. SHINee's matured voice in each song is impressive. Their title song Love Like Oxygen is a remake of Martin's Show the World' and is topping the offline and online charts.

SHINee is a teen idol group but their fanbase is composed of fans in their twenties & thirties. Leader Onew said "We had a fansign a while ago and almost all of them were noona fans so we were surprised. Maybe because of Jonghyun's solo song we have ajooma fans in their forties and fifties too." They said they are happy because they gained male fans too.

What was your 1st impression of each other?

We wonder what their 1st impression of each other was when SHINee was 1st created. "I was thankful that the hyungs spoke to me first. I usually act cute when i get closer to people but i am very shy in the beginning." (Taemin)

"I had a good feeling about the members so i thought the team would work out well." (Minho)

"Each of us had clear & unique colors so i thought we can show many charms." (Jonghyun)

"Each of them had individuality so i thought if we got together as SHINee we can make a unique color. " (Key)

"Everyone had a quiet personality so we didn't have a lot of opportunities to talk. As time passed and we got to know each other we slowly started to open ourselves to each other. I have learned a lot from the members as a leader too." (Onew)

The oldest, leader Onew & Jonghyun are 4 years apart from the youngest Taemin. They are both teens but they revealed that there are some things they don't know about each other.

"Taemin was 4 years old when H.O.T was performing so he said he doesn't remember them. So we were shocked. There are comics that Taemin knows and we don't and comics we know Taemin doesn't know. At those times we do feel the age gap."

SHINee currently reminds us of DBSK when they first debuted. When we said they are the little DBSK, SHINee said "DBSK is a senior we respect and is very talented. It’s an honor to stand on the same stage with them. It’s the same for other idol groups. It hasn't been long since we debuted so we can't even think about competing with others. We just work hard on the things we are given."

If we get the chance we want to try acting too.

Recently on M.net 'SHINee's Yun-ha-nam they showed a parody of the movie The King & the Clown and MBC Drama Damo. It wasn't their acting debut but they had a meaningful time in their parody acting. SHINee mentioned that if they have a chance they want to try acting someday.

SHINee members live in a dorm. They lived together for 6 months so they are confident in their teamwork.

SHINee picked their fans as the most thankful person. They especially showed gratitude toward their newly formed fanclub 'SHINee World.' "We are thankful to the SHINee World fans. Please love SHINee Forever (laughs). We love you SHINee World."

Their goal is to get the new artist award this year. The new artist award is something you can only get once in your life so they said they want it more. By looking at their activities I think their dream will come true.

Translation credits: sanbi
Source: Cookie News
Credits: shinee-ing + SHINee Forums
Back to top Go down

{TRANS} Cookie News Interview - SHINee, Long and Interesting ~
Page 1 of 1